- Bruker Biospec 70/30 USR Preclinical MRI system.
- Compatible specimen size: dependent on the size of gradient coils chosen. For typical applications, gradient coils of 12 cm or 20 cm inner diameter are used.
- Typical resolution achievable in a standard anatomical scan: 100 microns in-plane, 500 microns through-plane.
- 7.05 Tesla magnetic field at isocentre of cylindrical magnet bore.
- Scan gating and physiological monitoring system (ECG, respiration, temperature).
- Multi-nuclear NMR capability: 1H, 31P, 19F, 13C.
- 4 Receiver channels and parallel imaging capabilities.
The UBC MRI Research Centre operates a state of the art 7 Tesla MRI scanner in the Life Sciences Centre. This instrument is capable of performing imaging experiments and NMR spectroscopy on in vivo specimens. We are a user-supported facility which aims to help academic and industrial scientists meet their research goals through the use of MRI technology, particular for the study of animal modles of human disease and disorder.
Booking the system: The instrument is supported by full-time staff who will run the MRI experiments according to the investigator’s needs and study design. Please visit the User’s Guide to the 7T Facility for more information.
- Body fat imaging and non-imaging measurements of lean-to-fat mass ratio
- Imaging of cells in vivo with MRI-visible tracers (e.g. iron oxide labels)
- Morphological/anatomical imaging
- NMR spectroscopy in brain, heart and tumour, for measurements of metabolite concentrations
- Water diffusion tensor imaging
- Perfusion MRI to measure hemodynamics and vascular parameters