With its modern architecture, natural lighting, and state-of-the-art technology, the Life Science Centre is the perfect setting for your event. We can accommodate groups of 10 to 1,100 for events ranging from simple seminars, to poster sessions, to week-long conferences.
- Our 128 person lecture theatre is fully equipped for multimedia presentations and is just steps away from our Atrium, perfect for a post-presentation reception or poster session.
- Looking to promote your latest scientific product? Our seminar rooms are a popular setting for product demos, info sessions and product-centric seminars.
- Coordinate with us and our Gross Anatomy Lab to host your cadaver-based training session.
Planning a Meeting?
If you are an LSI member and would like to host a meeting in the LSC, you may have a number of options for meeting support:
For help with planning and organizing:
- CIHR Meeting grants
- Peter Wall Institute for Advanced Studies’ Exploratory Workshop
- Office of the UBC VP Research & International
- Contact the LSI to check if your meeting qualifies for an in-kind support of space.
- Contact Faculty of Medicine and Faculty of Science Dean’s office.
- Approach LSI Departments and Research Groups for partnership opportunities.
- Hospital sites; UBC Research Centres etc.