Introduction and Training
- Users must register with or Fanrui Meng (Ray) at LSI Imaging and take an introductory course for this specific microscope, before being allowed to use it. If you have not attended an introductory course, given by Cecile, Ray or Dr Robert Nabi, you are not allowed to use it.
- Completion of the introductory course will allow you to use this microscope during working hours (9am-5pm weekdays). Only experienced users, whose abilities have been verified by Cecile, Ray or Dr Robert Nabi, will be allowed to access this microscope outside of working hours and will be provided with the combination for the key box. The key should be returned to the key box immediately after use.
Booking and Usage
- Individual users can book a maximum of one session (and max 3h) per week during working hours. If you don’t show up within 15 minutes after your session was supposed to start, the microscope will be available for other users but you will be charged for the time booked. Access outside of working hours is unlimited but users will be billed for any time reserved even if not used.
- Do not store your data on the computer (especially not on the desktop!). The computer will be cleaned every week and you will lose your data if you don’t save it elsewhere.
- After your session is done you must fill in the log book by the microscope, indicating your full name and phone number, PI and hours worked.
- Remember to acknowledge LSI Imaging in publications where you publish images acquired at the facility. This is important for future grant applications etc.
- Please also remember to email Ray with your publication and a representative image. These will be posted on the LSI Imaging publication list and in the image gallery.
- Never perform any operation that you are uncertain of.
- If there is a problem with the system you must report it to Ray right away.